Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sew, a needle pulling thread

day 21: a hobby of yours

I LOVE to sew! It started when I was pregnant with Lily and my mom and I made a quilt and about a dozen receiving blankets. (How's that nesting instinct working out for you?) Blankets and burp cloths for friends. Then it progressed to Halloween costumes, skirts and dresses. Now I'm hooked. I wish I knew more about what I was doing, and that I had more time to do it. I love going to the fabric store. I love the satisfaction of starting with a giant piece of fabric and ending up with an article of clothing! I love figuring out the patterns and piecing it all together.

Lily's first quilt
 
First Halloween
 
Second Halloween
Third Halloween
 
Easiest skirts on the planet.
 
I think I ended up making 5 of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment