Monday, April 11, 2011

Photo op.

day 18: a photo of your favorite memory

My favorite memory is the first moment I saw my sweet Lily, upside-down, after they pulled her out. (Yes, pulled her out. Scheduled C-section, my friends) I remember her tiny, beautiful face and dark hair. I remember her loud cries that I was so grateful to hear. I remember so desperately wanting to hold her, but I was strapped to a table. Also, paralyzed.
But I don't have a picture of that moment.




This is the day after Lily was born. I love this moment too. It was just Lily and me. I love how she is nuzzled up under my chin and grabbing onto my tank top. I loved having her all to myself for a bit while Lily's dad was at work. It was still more than a little unbelievable I was now someones mom. It's still a little unbelievable I'm someones mom, but now I don't have all those hormones and Lortab to blur that reality. haha!

I still love it when she snuggles up under my chin.

No comments:

Post a Comment