day 16: a song that makes you cry
Sweet Moses from Canada. There are SO many songs that make me cry. I'm a crier. I'm sitting here searching through my iTunes trying to figure out what to write about. The song that immediately came to mind is a song I'm not sure I want to write about. But I can't think of anything else, so here it goes.
Details In The Fabric, Jason Mraz
When my marriage was starting to crumble, one of my oldest friends just happened to make me a few mix c.d's. One was untitled, only an arrow was drawn on. I had no idea what was on it. I was out driving aimlessly one night when I put that disc in. I was sitting at a stoplight in Salt Lake at 1300 South and 300 West. It was raining. I was alone in my MINI Cooper. This song came on, and as I listened to the words I fell apart.
"If it's a broken part, replace it. If it's a broken arm, then brace it. If it's a broken heart, then face it."
I already knew I was leaving. I already knew we were over. What I didn't know what that I was going to survive. As I sat in my car and bawled and bawled I knew, if just for that moment, I was going to be okay. Things were going to be hard and ugly and painful. But I had to face it, and change my circumstances and get through it. And I did! And Plan B is turning out to be pretty great, even if it wasn't what I expected.
...I'd never heard this song. It's a good one, especially in the context of your story. Hooray Music!
ReplyDelete