Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ladies who dine.

day 15: a photo of you and a new friend you met this year

I don't have a photo. Sorry. But I do have some new friends! Which is pretty huge for me actually. If you don't know me very well, you probably don't know I am horribly, painfully shy and feel pretty awkward in social situations 93% of the time. If you are a client, or I've met you through close friends I'm pretty all right. Psssh, I can be down right charming if I'm in my zone! Otherwise I'm the girl hiding in the corner not talking to anyone.Not because I'm a bitch, but because I am terrified of you.
 
BUT!
 
My dear friend Jessica, who is pretty amazing, had a brilliant idea to host a dinner at her house for friends of hers that are cool chicks, but don't know each other. We ate and drank wine and talked and talked and talked. It was awesome. Such brilliant and interesting women. Some of us are married, some divorced, some have kids, some don't, we all have different jobs, are different ages. It was the greatest night I have had in a long time. It was fantastic to get the opportunity to talk about the challenges and joys and stresses and silliness of adult life. Welcome to the judgement-free-zone my friends. We decided to make it a monthly event and had our second dinner last weekend at Sarah's house. Again, a totally great time. Delicious food, plenty of wine, great conversation. 
 
It's so difficult to make new friends as an adult. Between work, school, munchkin, homework and the Dude...where is the time? I am happy to be making some new ones. I genuinely hope our dinners continue and look forward to meeting more of the ladies that weren't able to make it this time. I've never had a lot of female friends and it is refreshing to meet a group of women I really like and respect. Can't wait for the next one!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Wish I could come too! Love and miss you! Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I met you while you were still working at Lunatic, I was TERRIFIED of you! You seemed like a really FUN, EXCITING, and semi sarcastic person that I tend to find myself wanting to be friends with. So you can imagine after years of seeing you at the salon, and to find out you were at Blush, I had a mission to be friends with you...and look where we are now. LOL Wouldnt have thought you were a shy gal at all!

    ReplyDelete