Sunday, February 27, 2011

Besties.

day 7: a photo of you and the person you have been closest with the longest


This is my dear friend Sarah. We have been friends since we were twelve. We have shared laughter, joys, tears and challenges. We have survived and celebrated marriages, divorces, kids. We have watched each other fall apart and help each other put our lives back together again. Sarah knows me better than I know myself, and isn't afraid to call me out when I am being ridiculous. She is my comforter and counselor when I am in need. She is my cheerleader when I am celebrating. She helps me to see things for what they are, what they could be. We have so many inside jokes we could have entire conversations no one else would understand. We have gone months, sometimes years, without seeing each other but always pick up right where we left off. I hate how we don't see each other nearly enough. I love her family like my own. I admire her endless strength and courage. I love how she can always make me laugh until I cry. She helps me remember the things that are important.

No comments:

Post a Comment