Dear Lily,
You’re 3 now!! How are you so big?! How are you so old?! How have three years flown by so quickly?
Right now you are supposed to be napping, but I can hear you singing 'Happy Birthday' to yourself instead. You are the silliest kid. You’ve lost your “baby” body, all of the sudden you’ve got these long, long legs and have lost that yummy baby pudginess. Your hair is so long now. You want nothing to do with my combing it, or pulling it up, or clipping it out of your face. So your bangs are always in your eyes, which I’m pretty sure drives Grandma nuts. You hate to wear pants. You love anything pink or purple. Or sparkly.
Right now you are supposed to be napping, but I can hear you singing 'Happy Birthday' to yourself instead. You are the silliest kid. You’ve lost your “baby” body, all of the sudden you’ve got these long, long legs and have lost that yummy baby pudginess. Your hair is so long now. You want nothing to do with my combing it, or pulling it up, or clipping it out of your face. So your bangs are always in your eyes, which I’m pretty sure drives Grandma nuts. You hate to wear pants. You love anything pink or purple. Or sparkly.
I went back to school this summer, so I put you in preschool. I was nervous because you are the youngest in your class, but of course you have done amazingly well. You love school, and I love watching you grow and learn and experience new things. I love to hear you sing the songs they teach you. I love watching your interests grow and change. You love to color and to paint. You are trying so hard to learn to write your name. You love to read. My heart melts when you plop down on the floor to look through a book. You did it in the middle of Costco a few weeks ago, and I couldn’t have been more proud. Reading is something I love dearly, and it makes me very happy to see you developing a love of books too.
I am constantly amazed by how easily you adapt to change. Starting preschool, a lot of back and forth between our house and your dad’s house, potty training, Papa being sick, me not being around as much due to school. It all just rolls off your back. You are a smart and wonderful girl. Speaking of potty training, how awesome is that! This summer, at two and a half, you just did it! Literally 2 days was all it took. Hardly any accidents and no drama. You are awesome, and not wearing or changing diapers is awesome.
I love the person you are becoming. You are smart, kind, funny, sweet, sassy, and so so silly. For a while this year you didn't like being told you were cute. If anyone dared to call you cute you would tell them "I not cute!! I Lily!" You definitely like things your way. I love when you tell me stories about your day. You’ve learned how to tease and it cracks me up. When I teasing you, you always say “are you teasing me mama?”
You love to dance and sing; you’ll watch your reflection in the oven doors and crack yourself up. You’re really into music right now. When we are in the car you’ll tell me “Mama! I wanna listen to some rock’n’roll!” and dance in your car seat. You’ll turn anything into a drum set. (No, I am NOT buying you a drum set.) You are very aware of other’s feelings. When someone is sad or upset you like to find out why and will give them a hug or rub their cheek saying “oh sweetie” to help them feel better.You love to be helpful. Miss Nina tells me how much you help out at preschool, and how you always want to help with snack time.
Your vocabulary is out of control. I am constantly stopped in my tracks by what comes out of your mouth. You’re just so mature! You’re my little buddy. We have great conversations. It cracks me up to hear you repeat the things you hear me or your dad say. Right now you do this thing where you hold up one finger and say “Hold on! I’ve got a great idea!” and then proceed to tell us your great idea.
Lily, I am so grateful to be your mama. I am constantly challenged to become a better person, so that you will grow up to be far better than I am. You give my life purpose and meaning. There are not words to explain how much I love you. Thank you for making me a mama, and for being my sweet Lily girl.
Love,
Mama
What a tear-jerker! So adorable!!
ReplyDelete