Lily has been reading There's an Alligator Under My Bed a lot lately. If you haven't read it, you should. It's about how this kid uses all sorts of food to lure the alligator out from under his bed and into the garage.
So the other day Lily went into the kitchen and pulled out her own alligator bait. A yogurt, half a grilled cheese sandwich, salsa, strawberries, salad and chocolate syrup. Because that is what alligators like to eat!
It makes me so happy to watch Lily play and explore. And it cracks me up to see what shenanigans she gets into. I love seeing her take something she has learned from school or from a book and carry it over into her own thing. These are the things that make parenting totally worth it.
Ali I LOVE this post!! Your daughter is so cute!! My neice is THE same way! She mimics what she sees on Dora, eats food and says "Mmmm Delicioso" lol I love watching her play and explore! Its so much fun when theyre at that age!!
ReplyDeleteThat is too cute. I am going to have to buy that book. The girls love to read, their new favorite is I'm going on a Bear Hunt.
ReplyDelete