Wednesday, July 22, 2009

17 months

Dear Lily,
Yesterday I awoke to the sound of "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom" coming through the monitor. How have you gotten so big, so fast? I have never been a morning person, until you came along. Hearing your sweet voice, first thing in the morning, is the best alarm clock I've ever had. You always wake up happy! A trait you most certainly did not get from me.


How did we get here so soon? It seems just yesterday, you were a tiny baby that needed me for EVERYTHING! Now you are this big kid; running, jumping, talking (still not sure what language sometimes), climbing, dancing, laughing all the time.


Lily, I am amazed by you on a daily basis. The joy you bring to my life is immeasurable. You have always been a very easy baby. We have our days that are more challenging than others, but they are few and far between. On those days we go for a drive or spend a lot of time outside. Even now as you are growing into a more independent little kid, you are still so easy going (most of the time). Don't get me wrong, you have your own opinions. You know what you want, or don't. You are very good at saying no. You are a strong willed little girl, a trait I am sure you did get from me.


This past month you have been trying so many new things. You've learned to run, sometimes I am sure you will never walk again! And you are fast! You keep your grandparents and I on our toes. You love to climb up on the piano bench and play the piano. Sometimes with your hands, sometimes with your bum.


Just this week you have figured out your index finger fits nicely inside your nostril. You love music, you just have to dance anytime you hear music. You sing along with the music in the car. You are trying to figure out how to put your clothes on by yourself. You LOVE to be outside. You love going to the pool.


We spend many hours a day reading books. You are so smart! You love your animal books and can point out practically every animal I ask you about. You can bark, moo, meow, hoo-hoo, roar and tweet-tweet. You have lots of new words. Mom, Dada, ouch, hot, M&M, trash, hippo are just a few of them. You can point out all your important body parts and you think it is HILARIOUS when I say "beep" when you touch your nose. Or anyones nose for that matter.


Oh my sweet LilyBug. I love you beyond measure. I am grateful, every day, that you are my daughter. We've been going through some big changes lately, and I am amazed at your flexibility and how easily you adjust. Grandma and Grandpa Visick love having us live with them, they love you so much! I'm pretty sure Grandma isn't going to let us move out. Ever.


Right now you are napping. I love to peek at you when you sleep, that is when you look like a little baby still. I love how you suck your thumb and rub your top lip with your ring finger. If only I could freeze those moments, so I can remember them when you are all grown up and don't need me anymore.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment