Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Oi.

I find it truly disappointing the California Supreme Court has chosen to uphold the gay marriage ban. I find the adamant support of the Mormon and Catholic churches disturbing, but not surprising. Maybe I'm naive, but I just do not understand. By chance I was born a straight woman. So I am free to marry any man I choose, obviously I'm not so great at the choosing part. But even still, I can marry again, no questions asked. I try to see both sides of an argument but this is one issue I don't get. I don't care who marries whom, you can marry your cat for all I care. We all deserve to try to find love, to find that person you want to spend the rest of your life with. I hope that one day this country becomes a place where equal rights means just that....equal rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment