Monday, May 25, 2009

Music

I am obsessed with music, I feel like my life is defined by music. I find a song I love and I listen to it on repeat over and over. It feeds my soul and helps me give voice to emotions. It keeps me from driving my car into a bus, provides the soundtrack for my life, gives me something to sing along to. I've always been pretty passionate about what I listen to, but it was something I let slip to the side as of late. My (soon to be) ex-husband is not passionate about music, he's barely interested in it. So over time I came to feel like my love of it was somehow juvenile or unimportant. My fault, I know. Recently I've been picking my friends brains and lurking about the internet to find new (at least to me) stuff for me to get obsessed with. Here's a few of my newest loves, for this week at least:

First in Line, Matthew Mayfield
Sleeping to Dream, Jason Mraz
Details in the Fabric, Jason Mraz
Daydreamin', Lupe Fiasco
Drivin' Me Wild, Common
Won't Trade, Q-tip
Small Town, Nappy Roots
Good Day, Nappy Roots


Check 'em out, tell me what you are listening to right now because I'm always looking for something new!

2 comments:

  1. Two posts? Wow, I was starting to think you felt like your Jr. Jazz picture was the pinnicle of blogging. While amazing, it is nice to see an update.

    Ive got Pete Yorn, Dont Wanna Cry on repeat. Give it a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...*Empire of the Sun* is one of my fave's right now...but I have to warn you, they are completely insane...really weird.
    *Vampire Weekend* This is a happy time album...
    *Wilco-Sky Blue Sky*...when you're having a crappy day put this on...It can get you through hell.
    *MGMT-Oracular Spectacular* is really good...the songs Electric Feel, Time to Pretend and Kids are super good...really all of the album is good.
    Hopefully you haven't heard of all of these artists and there is something new for you! Let me know if you liked any of them...I love to know.

    ReplyDelete