Monday, February 22, 2010

24 months

Dear Lily,
You are 2 now! Holy crap! All of the sudden you are this big kid. Every day I marvel at how grown up you have become. You are a constant source of delight. You wake up happy and ready to take on the day, every day. And you manage to squeeze the life out of every moment. I am worn out by the end of the day, but I wouldn't have it any other way.


It has been amazing to watch you grow and change this year. You love to run, jump, dance, twirl and shake your booty. (still) You love animals so, so much. You still love to read. We spend hours looking at books, talking about the animals. I love when I come into the living room and find you "reading" your books all by yourself. You love to watch Zoboomafoo. We have seen The Lion King so many times I am sure it will be one of the few things I still remember when I am old and senile.



This year for Christmas you got a trampoline, you call it your jumpy-jump, and you spend a good portion of everyday on it. And you can jump SO high. When you do a big jump you tell me you are flying to the moon! You are such a good jumper I even let you jump on the beds. You love to go downstairs and "make stuff" with your new kitchen. You love to color.



You are definitely becoming more independent and forming your own opinions. You know what you like. Every time I get you out of your crib you make me take out all your blankies and any stuffed animals that are in there too. You hate it when I wear my hair up. You always want to wear your brown boots, and your red cape from your Halloween costume. Anytime someone comes in the house, you make them take their jacket and usually their shoes off. I think you do that so they can't leave. You love eggys, roni-chach(macaroni and cheese), toast, grapes, berries, cereal, pancakes, french toast, quesedillas, potatoes, rolls, beans, carrots and corn. You still love M & M's. You are not crazy about noises right now. You are a little bit shy, especially around men. You do not like men with beards or hats. You love to wear your mittens. You love your cousins so much, you almost explode every time they come over. You don't really like Aunt Sara's dog Max, but just because he likes to jump up on you. You refuse to sit in the seat of the shopping cart, instead insisting I put you in the basket part. Your curly hair is insanely cute. You like to have polish on your toenails. Suddenly you have the biggest vocabulary, and you're starting to use some pretty big sentences. My heart melts when you say I love you Mommy. When we are in the car you like to dance to my hip hop cds. You don't like for me to sing in the car though.


My sweet Lily, being your mom is the greatest gift. I know I was put on this earth to be your Mommy. It has given me a purpose in life I have never felt before. You make me want to live a better life. You teach me to be stronger, more patient. To love more fully. To laugh harder, and more frequently. You have shown me what true joy is. When I think about that magical day that you were born, I am overcome with emotion. I did not know it was possible to love someone that much, nor did I know it was possible for that love to continue growing. I see strentgh, independence, kindness and bliss within you. These are qualities I want to nurture in you. I hope for you to grow up to be a better, stronger, smarter woman than I have ever been. You can do anything, be anyone you want to. Happy Birthday baby girl, I love you more than you could possibly know.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment